28/04/14

Healthy antiox smoothie




I don't know about you, but for me as soon as it comes spring I'm all about good juicy smoothies in the morning and afternoon as they are delicious and fresh but also pretty healthy. Also I've actually never been a big green tea fan, but I know it is the biggest source of anti oxidants out there - just a quick one: a cup of green tea seems to contain the same amount of anti oxidants as seven glasses of orange juice - and they always suggest to drink more than a cup a day. But really, I think green tea's taste isn't for everyone, but I just recently found out that for me the solution is mixing it with a good fruit smoothie...

This super quick and easy recipe was inspired by one of my favorite food app, Filibaba Smoothies, which proposes a very similar way to incorporate green tea in your diet, and I found it so clever that being that I always keep some green tea at home, I immediately decided to try to customize it and make something I would really enjoy. And to stay on track with the all antiox theme, I threw in a good mix of ingredients which all have antiox proprerties.

For a cup of smoothie you will need:
  • A frozen banana
  • An apple
  • The juice of one lemon
  • 1/2 cup of green tea

First things first, I sliced the banana into pieces and put it in the freezer for one or two hours before starting preparing my smoothie so that the banana will be cold and almost frozen and will make your smoothie super resfreshing. Then I prepared 1/2 cup of green tea and let it cool for half an hour to avoid my smoothie to come out too warm, and finally I peeled my apple and cutted into pieces. Now it's time to start blending and mixing and using a blender I firstly blended together the banana and lemon juice, then added the apple and lastly the green tea. I blended it very well for a few minutes as I didn't want any big fruit pieces going on in there and then served it into a cute jam jar with two colored straws.

I'm not even a big fan of banana smoothies usually but this is seriously delicious, creamy, refreshing and amazing and I keep drinking and preparing it everyday since when I discovered it. This doesn't taste like green tea at all, and if you have a big blender I would suggest to prepare a good dose of it and serve it for breakfast to your family or store in the fridge and drink it within one or two days whenever you desire. You can also add a bit of sugar to your taste if you want, but I generally go without it as there's still the sweetness of an entire apple in there. Hopefully you will enjoy this delicious but healthy smoothie too!

Will you try this recipe? Which is your favorite smoothie flavor?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Comments always make my day!